At nearly every speaking engagement, I am asked questions about how to use email marketing effectively. Here are a few best practices that we use with programs we manage for our clients.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions, I am here to help.
- Keep subject line and content short and sweet
- Use a familiar sender’s name
- Use personalization
- Be descriptive
- Segment your lists
- Don’t make grand promises
- Be clear what’s inside
- Be timely
- Be concise, use clear language
- Use action oriented words/verbs
- Treat your recipients so they feel special
- Create urgency in your message
- Use numbers, facts and data
- Ask a relevant or compelling question
- USE ALL CAPS very carefully, if at all
- Do not overuse exclamation points!!!
- Carefully and wisely use Emojis – if at all
- Add preview text
- A/B test subject lines
- Use geo-location to increase personalization
- Be visually different
Click here to set up a call with me to discuss how Solutions for Growth can integrate some of these best practices and fine-tune your outbound email.